Flu Shot Clinic - October 30, 2014
A Flu Shot Clinic will be held at the Chesterfield Community Center on October 30th beginning at 10:00 AM. The Clinic is open to those aged 60 and up, and is free with a Medicare Card, or $10 for those without.
Records Management Consultant
Preservation and Archiving
The Town of Chesterfield Select Board is seeking applications for a consultant to manage, preserve and archive Town Records. Please send resume including references and cover letter by 1:00 PM on November 17, 2014 to:
Chesterfield Town Administrator
PO Box 299
Chesterfield, MA 01012
Consultant’s Role: Archiving, preserving & managing Town Records as part of the Town Records Preservation Project for the Town of Chesterfield, MA. The position is temporary and is expected to end with the full expenditure of funding allocated for the Project.
- Arrange, catalogue, describe, and re-house paper records in accordance with Town priorities, applicable State records retention schedules, and best practices for records preservation.
- Prepare for creation of accessible, retrievable computer database of records.
- Recommend options and begin conversion of paper records to other storage media.
- Oversee and train others to assist in the record conversion.
- Report to Town Administrator and work closely with the volunteer Records Preservation Committee.
- Knowledge of records management and archival management principles for paper and electronic records.
- Knowledge of records restoration and preservation
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and prepare clear, concise and accurate reports and other written material (including recommendations for improved records management procedures and protective storage facilities).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, while demonstrating excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Skilled in use of word processing, spreadsheet and database computer applications.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Academic or experiential background in archives administration, or in relevant business or public administration, helpful; experience in development and maintenance of a document and records management program especially germane.
- $20 per hour for onsite work
- Position is funded up to 700 hours @ $20/hour, or $14,000
- Travel time and expenses not included
State Election Tuesday, November 4, 2014
The State Election will take place in the Chesterfield Town Office Building on Tuesday, November 4, 2014 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM. A copy of the ballot is attached.
Open Positions to be Filled
TOWN OF CHESTERFIELD
Are you willing to help keep Chesterfield a great place to live?
There are open positions that need to be filled. If you are interested, or would like to learn more, please contact the Chesterfield Town Administrator, Sue Labrie, at 296-4771 ext 1#.
Green Community Designation
The Town of Chesterfield has been designated a “Green Community”. Chesterfield was one of 12 Massachusetts communities to be named a “Green Community” by the Patrick-Murray Administration on December 21, 2011. The Town met the five clean energy benchmarks required by the state and is now eligible for $140,000 in funding. This designation is quite an achievement and reflects the hard work and tireless efforts of the Energy and Green Community Committees.
2014 Annual Town Meeting
The 2014 Chesterfield Annual Town Meeting will be held Monday, May 12th, at 7:00 PM in the Town Hall.
This is your opportunity to make your voice heard and vote on the Town's spending priorities for FY2015. The Warrant, Finance Committee Recommendations and the proposed budget are attached below.
2014 Annual Town Election Results
The Annual Town Elections were held on Monday, May 5th. Votes were cast by 262 people, 30% of registered voters. In the three-way race for Select Board, Trish Colson-Montgomery was elected with 153 votes. The full election results can be viewed in the attachment.
Page 1 of 6